SJM Dental College & Hospital
SJM Dental College and Hospital was established in the year 1986 for the purpose of taking professional Dental Health Science Education to the doors of desirous students in Central Karnataka in particular and across the nation in general. Institute is one of the oldest dental Colleges in the country and it has into its credit, thousands of Dental graduates passed out and have been the pioneers in their respective fields
- The college and the programmes are recognized by the Dental Council of India. The College is accredited by NAAC with “B” grade.
- For the purpose of effective implementation of extension activities, the Public Health Dentistry department coordinates with various Government and Non-Government Agencies, including the NSS unit of the college. Community health care services are conducted on and off the campus.
- College is updated and upgraded periodically to keep abreast with the professional and technological developments taking place in the field of dental education and practice of dentistry.
- Above all, the institution is making prompt efforts to realize the national objectives of higher education, that is, equity, access and quality excellence.
Courses Offered and Course Duration
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS): 4 yrs+1 yr Internship
- Master of Dental Surgery (MDS): 3 yrs
Branches of Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics.